Search This Blog

Saturday, June 5, 2010

37 Weeks, Full Term!

I'm full term today!! Time certainly has flown.

I saw the doctor yesterday. I'll see her weekly until the baby is born. She did the Group B Strep test, which was no big deal. I'll probably find out the results next week. She also did an internal exam to see if I've progressed at all. For you moms-to-be- there was pressure and it was a bit uncomfortable but it didn't take her long to check. I also have had no spotting since then. She felt Baby Rebel's head (from the outside), and said he wasn't "engaged". Which I took to mean he hasn't dropped at all into the birth canal, considering how far up on my stomach she was feeling his head. She also said that I'm not dilated at all. I was kinda bummed about this since I was hoping for some progress at least. I am so over being pregnant. I'm so over it that I am ready for labor, and I am DREADING labor. That tells you how I'm doing. I'm just ready for the next step, and to have an outside baby.

Next week my appt is on Wednesday, which also happens to be my birthday so I'm really hoping for some progress by then!

How far along? 37 weeks
Total weight gain: I'm up about 4 lbs from 2 weeks ago. But since baby has probably gained about a 1lb since then, I'm really not worried about it.
How big is baby? From now till he's born he's considered the size of a watermelon. I don't want to think about having to push my little watermelon out!
Maternity clothes: Never needed them. I bought the Be Band from Target and I've used that.
Stretch marks: A few more of those red marks towards the top of my stomach.
Sleep: Awful. Moving is painful in my lower back and pelvis, but not moving isn't an option. Getting up to pee every 2 hours or so has become the norm.
Movement: He doesn't kick so much as just push. He's head down so all of his movement is towards the top of my stomach. He's gotten the hiccups quite a few times now. He's been much more active the last couple of days. But if he wants more space he needs to come out!
Food cravings: Nothing really. I eat a lot less than I did pre-pregnancy.
Food aversions: Nothing specific
Belly button: Still shallow, no popping.
What I'm looking forward to: This pregnancy to be over. I'm so sick of the pain and aches that I'm looking forward to labor. Just cuz I know there is an end to labor and a baby in my arms!
Weekly joy: Knowing that I'm full term, and there is almost a light at the end of my pregnancy tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment