Source: Real Simple March '09 Magazine
Who hasn't had ramen noodles? However, I've never had a recipe that used them, I always had them according to the package directions. So when I came across this simple recipe I wanted to try it. Turned out pretty good, and was very easy to make.
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pkg chicken ramen noodles with seasoning packet
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the oil, soy sauce and half the seasoning packet (used full packet) over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pepper, onion, and carrot.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooled through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the package direction; drain.
- Toss with the chicken and vegetables.
Next Time- This could use a little more seasoning. Definitely salt and pepper on the chicken, and perhaps some red pepper flakes to give it a little heat.