This recipe sounded so easy to make. You let the chicken cook in a slow cooker, add the other ingredients towards the end and serve! It was so easy that I put the chicken on, and H did the rest, since I was gone to class.
I followed Molly's advice about making Spanish rice to serve the chicken over. Was a great idea. Leftovers did not last long with this recipe!
- 3-4 chicken breasts (frozen is fine) (used just over a pound of tenderloins)
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 8oz block cream cheese
- 1 16oz can or bag of corn
- Put chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Cover with salsa.
- Cook all day on low.
- 45 minutes before serving add in the black beans (drained and rinsed), corn and cream cheese.
- Heat through, and serve. (I mixed quite a bit to make sure the cream cheese melted and was mixed throughout)