Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Creamy Fiesta Salsa Chicken

Source- My Happy Meals

This recipe sounded so easy to make.  You let the chicken cook in a slow cooker, add the other ingredients towards the end and serve!  It was so easy that I put the chicken on, and H did the rest, since I was gone to class.

I followed Molly's advice about making Spanish rice to serve the chicken over.  Was a great idea.  Leftovers did not last long with this recipe!

Ingredients
  • 3-4 chicken breasts (frozen is fine) (used just over a pound of tenderloins)
  • 1 jar salsa
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 8oz block cream cheese
  • 1 16oz can or bag of corn
Preparation
  • Put chicken in bottom of slow cooker.  
  • Cover with salsa. 
  • Cook all day on low.
  • 45 minutes before serving add in the black beans (drained and rinsed), corn and cream cheese.
  • Heat through, and serve.  (I mixed quite a bit to make sure the cream cheese melted and was mixed throughout)
Next Time-  Nothing needs to be changed with this recipe.  I used Medium salsa, and it gave a nice little kick.  Super easy to make and tastes great!



No comments:

Post a Comment