Since I'm sick with a head cold, I didn't quite get the full taste experience. I had to wait for H to get home to try it and see what he thought. He was definitely impressed! This will have to go on the menu again once I'm better so that I can really taste it!!
No picture for this one. My camera died as I tried to take a pic, and by the time the battery charged there wasn't anything to take a pic of. Well anything that looked nice.
- jumbo pasta shells, 15-20
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey (used 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1 packet burrito mix (used taco mix)
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz. onion & chive cream cheese
- taco sauce
- Doritos, crushed
- shredded cheddar/mozzarella cheese (used a Mexican blend)
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Cook and drain meat. Add water and burrito mix
- Simmer until liquid has evaporated.
- Mix in cream cheese.
- Fill shells with meat mixture and place in 9x13 pan. (I sprayed the pan with Pam before filling shells)
- Pour taco sauce over shells. Use however much you like.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degree for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, add crushed Doritos and cheese.
- Return to oven until cheese is melted.
Next Time- H couldn't think of anything to change. I'll have to try them once I'm well in order to determine if anything should be changed.