Search This Blog

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Creamy Chicken Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes


All of our recipes for this week are from blogs that I've been following.

So I just started following this blog, and I thought this recipe looked really good and yummy. It turned out really nice.

Ingredients
  • 2 cups uncooked penne pasta (I used a 16oz box)
  • 4 boneless chicken breasts (I used a 20oz pkg of tenders)
  • 1 can of chicken broth
  • 1 package of cream cheese (I used low-fat)
  • 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
  • 1 tsp garlic, chopped (I used garlic powder)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 15 cherry tomatoes, halved, about 2 cups (I used 1 1/2 pints of grape tomatoes)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese

Preparation
  1. Cook pasta and drain.
  2. Cube chicken breast (1" cubes), heat half the chicken broth in a large skillet and add chicken. Cook until no longer pink (5-7 minutes).
  3. Add cream cheese, spinach, remaining chicken broth, garlic, salt and pepper. Heat for 3-5 minutes until cheese melts. Add tomatoes.
  4. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes until tomatoes are soft. Toss with pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
Next time- I would use all 2 pints of tomatoes. And perhaps some mozzarella sprinkled on top.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds great! I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your blog on the nest boards. I think this looks delicious and I'm going to make it tonight. Yum!

    ReplyDelete