Search This Blog

Friday, March 13, 2009

Chili


So this is my second recipe that I didn't have inspiration for. Simply something I grew up eating, and I used that recipe as my basis for tonight's dinner. My family didn't use peppers, but H and I have been trying to incorporate more veggies. They are completely optional in this recipe. I serve this with Jiffy Corn Muffins. They go together great!

Ingredients
  • 1 pound hamburger
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 small red pepper, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 15oz cans chili beans, used one medium and one mild sauce
  • 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 pint of home canned tomatoes
  • 1 small can of tomato paste
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp chili powder. (I usually add till I'm happy with taste, this is an approx.)

Preparation
  • Brown hamburger, drain.
  • Add onion, pepper and garlic. Saute a couple minutes.
  • Add the rest of the ingredients. Note: I blend the home canned tomatoes and the tomato paste in my blender to make sure that the paste isn't clumpy and that there aren't big chunks of tomatoes. This is at your discretion.
  • Cover and stir occasionally. This can cook as long as you'd like. It can be ready to eat once all the ingredients are added, or you can let it simmer for a few hours.
Next Time- I'm fine with the way tonight's chili turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment