Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Shell Casserole

This is the second recipe out of the May '08 Nesties Cookbook. This is Kelli's recipe, and she actually lives in the GR Area too! :waves to Kelli:

Since I'm sick with a head cold, I didn't quite get the full taste experience. I had to wait for H to get home to try it and see what he thought. He was definitely impressed! This will have to go on the menu again once I'm better so that I can really taste it!!

No picture for this one. My camera died as I tried to take a pic, and by the time the battery charged there wasn't anything to take a pic of. Well anything that looked nice.

Ingredients
  • jumbo pasta shells, 15-20
  • 1 lb ground beef or turkey (used 1 1/4 lbs)
  • 1 packet burrito mix (used taco mix)
  • 1 cup water
  • 8 oz. onion & chive cream cheese
  • taco sauce
  • Doritos, crushed
  • shredded cheddar/mozzarella cheese (used a Mexican blend)
Preparation
  • Cook pasta according to package directions
  • Cook and drain meat. Add water and burrito mix
  • Simmer until liquid has evaporated.
  • Mix in cream cheese.
  • Fill shells with meat mixture and place in 9x13 pan. (I sprayed the pan with Pam before filling shells)
  • Pour taco sauce over shells. Use however much you like.
  • Cover with foil and bake at 350 degree for 45 minutes.
  • Uncover, add crushed Doritos and cheese.
  • Return to oven until cheese is melted.

Next Time- H couldn't think of anything to change. I'll have to try them once I'm well in order to determine if anything should be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment