Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Meatloaf

Source: Mary Ellen's Cooking CreationsH has been bugging me for awhile to make meatloaf. I kept putting it off, not because I hate meatloaf, but because it was something I never loved growing up. I finally relented, and told him to find a recipe. He scoured my Google Reader, and found this recipe.

Ingredients
  • 1 lb ground beef (90% lean)
  • 1 lb meatloaf mix (beef/pork/veal)
  • 1/2 green pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 c (+/-) breadcrumbs (you have to go on feel)
  • Salt and pepper (a few pinches each)
  • Ketchup
Preparation
  • Mix all ingredients together and form into a loaf, except ketchup. Add more breadcrumbs if you need more help holding it together.
  • Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray
  • Place loaf in the center of the sheet and top with ketchup
  • Bake on 400 for 1 hour 20 minutes, or until internal temperature has reached 160 degrees.
  • Let rest on a cutting board for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Next Time- I didn't love this recipe. I find that when green peppers are baked, they take over the dish, and that is all you can taste. H enjoyed it, and was happy he finally got to have meatloaf. So while I'm not against making meatloaf again, I do think I need to find another recipe. Any idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment