Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

18 Weeks

I saw the doctor Monday morning. Just a regular 4 week check-up. Standard weight, and blood pressure. I also got to hear the heartbeat for about a minute or so. Dr. Klyn said it was in the 150s, so that's really good. It was a huge relief when she immediately found the heartbeat and it was going strong.

I thought I'd be crazy anxious for February 1st to get here, but I'm not. Just knowing that the baby is fine is enough for me. Trust me, I want to know whether Baby Rebel is a boy or girl. I'm just not as impatient as I thought I'd be.


How far along?
18 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain: Saw the doctor Monday and I'm up 3lbs from 4 weeks ago. Still down nearly 7lbs since the beginning.
How big is baby? We've moved up to a sweet potato. About 7oz.
Maternity clothes: Nope, not needed
Stretch marks: No new ones.
Sleep: I think my body has finally decided I can't sleep on my stomach. Every time I lay on it, it hurts really bad. :-(
Movement: Still waiting
Food cravings: Chocolate, still.
Food aversions: Nothing specific
Belly button: The same
What I'm looking forward to: Finding out the gender on Monday!
Weekly Wisdom: Appreciate your sleep while you're still getting it, I know it will only get worse from here on out.
Weekly joy: Hearing the heartbeat Monday, and confirming that everything is A-OK with Baby Rebel. It's silly to worry, but I was slightly prior to hearing the heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment