Source: Kraft Foods Magazine
I found this in the fall edition of Kraft Foods. Looked perfect for fall, and then I realized that there wasn't any meat in it. Score, vegetarian meal!! Just had to substitute vegetarian vegetable broth for the chicken broth. I served it with Jiffy corn muffins, and this was perfect!
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed
- 14 oz can chicken broth (used vegetarian vegetable broth)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (used 4 smaller stalks)
- 2 carrots, chopped (used 3)
- 1 onion, chopped (used half large sweet onion)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup Mexican style shredded cheese, divided
- Bring all ingredients except cheese to boil in medium saucepan.
- Simmer on low heat 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in 1/3 cup cheese
- Ladle into bowls.
- Top with remaining cheese