Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Asian Turkey Meatballs with Lime Sesame Dipping Sauce

Source- Lauren's Kitchen

I like trying to expand my comfort zone.  Using ground turkey is one way that I have done so.  When I can mix it with ingredients that I know I'll enjoy like scallions and garlic I'm willing to try something new. 

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup panko crumbs
  • 1-1/4 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp ginger, minced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro  (omitted)
  • 3 scallions, chopped
  • 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
Dipping Sauce
  • 4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 1 chopped fresh scallion

Preparation
Preheat oven to 500°F.
Mix ground turkey, panko, egg, salt, scallions, cilantro, 1 tbsp soy sauce, and 2 tsp oil and mix with your hands until combined well. Shape 1/4 cup meat mixture into a ball and transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with remaining mixture. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
For the dipping sauce mix together lime juice, water, soy sauce, and remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a bowl. Add scallions.
Transfer meatballs to a serving dish. Stir sauce, then drizzle meatballs with 1 tablespoon sauce.
Serve meatballs with remaining sauce. Chances are you won't use all the dipping sauce.

Review & Changes-   I was not that impressed with this recipe.  The meatballs were good, especially being made with turkey.  But the sauce was not something I liked, and so plain meatballs wasn't that great.  Can't see myself making this recipe again. 



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment