Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Story to share

This is neither food or baby related, but it's a story I just want to share.

So I met a friend at Fridays tonight just to hang out. We stayed till just after 11, and then left, we had driven separately. I pull out first onto the drive that goes around the mall, and up ahead there is an SUV that had it's reverse lights on. So I'm already cautious of this car. I get up to where he was and see that his wheels had gone straight into the curb (snow on the road). He also managed to run into the curb at the stop sign turning out onto the main street. So I'm really wary of this guy now. So we turn out, and have to do a Michigan turn around, and while in the straight part of the lane leading up to the left turn, he manages to go up on the curb 2 separate times. Now I'm really getting worried and pull out my cell phone. We both do the turn and have to stop at the next light, so I memorize his license plate. There are 3 lanes, him and I are in the middle, and my friend is coming up on my right. The light turns and she starts to pass me, approaching him. He starts to take her lane so she breaks and honks her horn. He swerves back into the middle, and then decides to take her lane, with no blinker. We are approaching a slight incline and right curve. He swerves back to the middle lane and then over corrects. Both her and I thought he was gonna wipe out. At this point, I decided to call 911. So I call and tell them what I'm seeing, his plate number, and general type and color of the car. He is still swerving a bit, and then slows down to get on the highway. I tell the dispatcher where he is going and that I hadn't followed him anymore. I'm not gonna follow the guy and risk getting into an accident myself. Once home I call my friend and tell her what I'd done, and she agreed that he was definitely wasted. We don't think there was a passenger which is a relief.

Hopefully the cops were able to find him to pull him over. I hate when people get away with stuff and then think they can do it the next time. The next time they aren't so lucky and hurt someone else. What a waste.

1 comment: