Search This Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Dinner

So H and I decided to skip the super long wait that always accompanies going out to eat on Valentine's Day. A few years ago we stayed in, and our menu was straight Italian. Italian cheese fondue and chicken fettuccine alfredo. This year he said that he didn't want Italian again, so we went the traditional meat and potatoes. I went in search of romantic Valentine's Day meals, and this is what our menu consisted of:
Sauteed Steak with Caramelized Shallots in a Red Wine and Cream Sauce
Cheddar & Chive Twice Baked Potatoes
Corn and Breadsticks
Dessert was fresh strawberries with chocolate fruit dip

Everything turned out awesome. The only change I made was to use beef broth instead of red wine for the sauce on the steak. H and I just aren't wine drinkers. Of course I didn't take any pictures, but it is something I will make again, so there is hope of pictures in the future.



2 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious!!!! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! that sounds awesome! I will definitely be trying this sometime!

    ReplyDelete