This recipe is great. I have made it before tonight, so I knew it would be good. It's a great recipe to have a partner, so I save it for nights that H is willing to help. I got it off the kraftfoods.com site. I'm finding a bunch of recipes I want to try over there. (Sorry the picture isn't that great.)
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened (used Neufchatel)
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1-1/4 cups KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 6 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness (used 3 large chicken breasts)
- 1 egg
- 10 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup) (used the Whole Wheat kind)
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce, heated
PREHEAT oven to 375ºF. Mix cream cheese, spinach, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 3 Tbsp. of the Parmesan cheese until well blended; spread evenly onto chicken breasts. Starting at one of the short ends of each breast, roll up chicken tightly. Secure with wooden toothpicks, if desired. Set aside.
BEAT egg in shallow bowl or pie plate. Mix remaining 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese and the cracker crumbs in separate shallow bowl or pie plate. Dip chicken bundles in egg, then roll in crumb mixture. Place, seam-sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through (165ºF). Remove and discard toothpicks, if using. Serve topped with the spaghetti sauce and remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.