Search This Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Beef Casserole


Another recipe from google reader. I didn't use the name that Lauren used, I think beef casserole is good enough.

It turned out pretty good. The hamburger layer reminded me of sloppy joes. Not that that is a bad thing, but I think I may like changing that in the future. This is a super easy recipe to put together.

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 medium onion (diced)
  • 1 can Campbell’s tomato soup (undiluted)
  • 1 can green beans (drained) (I used about a cup or so of frozen green beans)
  • Mashed potatoes (made 4 servings of instant mashed potatoes)
  • ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (used more, but I always do!)
Preparation
  • Brown the beef and onion. Drain.
  • Add the tomato soup and the green beans and stir.
  • Transfer to a three quart baking dish.
  • Top with the mashed potatoes and cheese.
  • Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly (30 minutes).

Next Time- I think this would taste good with cream of mushroom soup, instead of tomato. So I think I'll try that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment