Search This Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cheesy Chicken Tomato Skillet


What an easy recipe to make. I actually bookmarked it twice in my google reader, so who should get the credit?? Lauren or Brooke? Oh well, it's the same thing. :) Obviously I thought it was so great that I needed to make doubly sure that I made it! This will make awesome leftovers.

Ingredients
  • 2 cups of pasta (used 16 oz box of rotelle pasta)
  • 3/4 lbs chicken, cut into pieces (used about a 1 lb.)
  • 1 can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1 tbsp dried basil
  • 1 tbsp dried oregano
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp salt (didn't use the full amount)
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella (used between 1 cup and 1 1/2 cups, we like cheese!)
Preparation
  • Cook the pasta as directed.
  • Heat 10 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken & cook thoroughly.
  • Reduce heat to medium; stir in soup, tomatoes, milk and seasonings.
  • Stir in cooked pasta.
  • Cook about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until bubbly & heated through.
  • Sprinkle with cheese.
  • Reduce heat, cover & let stand about 5 minutes.

Next Time- The seasonings in this were a little overpowering, especially considering that I had more pasta and chicken than the recipe called for. So I think next time I'll cut the basil, oregano, and garlic powder in half. I like seasonings, but I don't when they are the only thing I can taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment