Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Crockpot Asian Beef and Noodles

Source: Lauren's Kitchen

I thought this recipe looked good. I was intrigued that it used ramen noodles, without the spice packet. Plus it could cook all day with little fuss from me.

Ooops, forgot to take a picture. But Lauren's blog has a pretty decent picture.

Ingredients
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen stir fry vegetables
  • 2 - 2 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1" cubes
  • 1 (12 ounce) bottle stir-fry sauce, any flavor
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, broken
  • 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
Preparation
  • Coat a 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
  • Place frozen vegetables in the bottom and top with stew meat.
  • In a medium bowl, stir together stir-fry sauce, water, and red pepper.
  • Pour over stew meat and vegetables in cooker.
  • Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or on high for 4 1/2-5 hours (I recommend low, it will help to break the meat down more).
  • At the end of cooking time, discard spice packets from ramen noodles.
  • Stir noodles and green onions into meat mixture.
  • Cover and let stand 10 minutes more.
  • Stir before serving. This can be kept on warm for 1-2 hours.
Next Time- Honestly, I never tried this. I made it, and it didn't sound appetizing when it was done, so I just had it ready for when H got home from work. He says it was great, and has really liked the leftovers. Maybe when my appetite is less finicky I'll try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment