Search This Blog

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Easy Layered Taco Pie


Source: Kraft Foods

I've got my mojo back! Haha! Not really, but that's what it feels like. In the last couple days I've gotten my appetite back, and have started feeling more like myself. Including a desire to cook. I had a couple recipes leftover from when I last made a menu, a few weeks ago.


Ingredients
  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) Taco Seasoning Mix
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 4 flour tortillas (6 inch), cut into quarters
  • 1 cup Salsa
  • 1 cup Mexican Style Finely Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
  • 2 cups shredded lettuce
  • 2 green onions, sliced 1/4 cup Sour Cream

Preparation- Note: I cooked the meat on the stove, and used the oven to melt the cheese. These directions are the original.
  • Crumble meat into microwaveable (plastic) colander; place over microwaveable bowl.
  • Microwave on HIGH 8 min., stirring every 2 min. to break up meat.
  • Discard fat.
  • Transfer meat to 9-inch microwaveable pie plate.
  • Stir in seasoning mix and water. Microwave 5 min., stirring after 3 min.
  • Remove half of meat mixture; set aside.
  • Cover remaining meat mixture in pie plate with half of the tortilla quarters.
  • Repeat layers of meat mixture and tortillas; top with salsa and cheese. Microwave 4 min.
  • Top with remaining ingredients. Cut into wedges to serve.
Next Time- This recipe was so easy to make, and it tasted great. No changes need to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment