Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

Garden Pasta Salad


Every year my family on my mom's side gets together and has a huge weekend long reunion.  We always have an afternoon meal that everyone has to bring a dish-to-pass and we all eat together.  Last year I brought Pepperoni and Parmesan Salad

I first saw this recipe on the back of a can of tomatoes I bought.  I made sure to cut the label off before throwing away the can.  I knew I wanted to make it eventually, and my family reunion presented the perfect time. 

Ingredients
  • 12oz box tri-color spiral pasta (used 16oz)
  • 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced
  • 2 stalks celery
  • 1/2 cup each green and red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and sliced thin
  • 1/4 cup onion, chopped
  • 2- 14.5oz can diced tomatoes, drained
  • 8oz bottle Italian dressing (used almost full 16oz bottle)
Preparation
  • In a large pan cook pasta according to package directions.
  • Rinse under cold water and drain.
  • In large bowl combine carrots, celery, peppers, cucumber, onion and tomatoes.  
  • Add pasta to vegetables.
  • Pour dressing over mixture.
  • Toss until evenly coated
  • Chill until ready to serve.

Next Time- This made an awesome dish-to-pass at my family reunion.  Quick to put together and nice and healthy will all those veggies.  I was happy with the additional dressing.  Nothing else needs to be changed.


No comments:

Post a Comment