Search This Blog

Monday, April 13, 2009

Orange Chicken Rice Bowl


My first fail. Well it isn't my fail, just the recipe didn't turn out the way I had hoped. I got it from the Kraft Magazine I get in the mail, but it is also on their site. I thought the sauce would be enough, but it was pretty bland, not a lot of flavor. I'm pretty sad, because it is such a simple recipe. Oh well.

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 1/4 cup KRAFT Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing (couldn't find, so used Ken's Lite Asian Sesame with Ginger and Soy)
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 3 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables
  • 3 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
  • 1/4 cup chopped PLANTERS COCKTAIL Peanuts (used dry roasted instead)

Preparation

  • Heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
  • Add chicken; stir-fry 5 to 7 min. or until cooked through.
  • Stir in dressing and juice. Bring to boil.
  • Add vegetables; cook 5 to 7 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
  • Serve over rice.
  • Sprinkle with nuts.
Next Time- I doubt I'll make this again. Unless someone has some great ideas of how to make the sauce better, I'm just not a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment