Search This Blog

Friday, April 24, 2009

Spinach and 3 Cheese Stuffed Shells


I love this recipe from Stephanie. I made it before (prior to starting the blog), and I had to make it again so I could blog about its greatness! Last time I made it I didn't make anything else, and H really missed having a meat with it. So this time I told him that I'd make Chicken Parmesan to go with the shells.

Ingredients
  • 1 box of jumbo shells (I used half the box. The full box isn't necessary)
  • 1 10 oz package of chopped spinach, thawed and drained
  • 1 15oz container of part skim ricotta cheese
  • 1 cup of part skim mozzarella cheese shredded
  • 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
  • spaghetti sauce
  • 1 egg

Preparation
  • Cook shells according to package, drain and set aside.
  • Preheat the oven to 350.
  • In a mixing bowl combine the 3 cheeses and egg. Mix until well combined.
  • Squeeze the spinach until all moisture is removed. Add to the cheese and mix well.
  • Cover the bottom of an oven safe dish with sauce.
  • Spoon one spoonful of cheese mixture into each shell, set in the sauce in the pan, seam side up.
  • Pour some sauce over the top, sprinkle with additional mozzarella (optional).
  • Bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
Next Time- The only change I made from the first time was to limit the amount of shells I cooked up. Last time I used the full box, and ended up throwing away the extras. Half the box worked fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment