I feel bad, I don't remember the name of the girl that posted this recipe online. She raved about it, but it has been awhile since I got it from her. I decided to go through my Word file of recipes I've copied and pasted from online message boards. I love when people share recipes they love so I can try them.
- 1 pound ground beef (use ground turkey)
- 1 sweet onion
- 4 oz can tomato sauce
- 8 oz can tomato paste
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2- 8 oz pkg's Cream Cheese
- 4 oz Sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz Egg Noodles
- Brown the hamburger and the onion.
- Drain Well.
- Combine the tomato paste, tomoato sauce, pepper, salt, sugar, cream cheese and sour cream in large mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the skillet with the browned hamburger and onion. Stir well.
- Let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook egg noodles per package instructions.
- Once sauce is done simmering, put back into large bowl and add egg noodles.
- Mix all the ingrediants except the cheese.
- Pour mixture into baking dish, a 9X13 is perfect.
- Then add all of the cheese on top of the noodle and sauce mixture.
- Cover with foil or lid and put in oven for 45 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and eat for days!!!
Otherwise, it just seemed like this recipe needed something more. Not sure if adding a vegetable to the mix would work or what. Maybe a pepper?