Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

Texas Casserole

Source- Fellow Nestie/Bumpie

I feel bad, I don't remember the name of the girl that posted this recipe online.  She raved about it, but it has been awhile since I got it from her.  I decided to go through my Word file of recipes I've copied and pasted from online message boards.  I love when people share recipes they love so I can try them.


Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground beef (use ground turkey)
  • 1 sweet onion
  • 4 oz can tomato sauce
  • 8 oz can tomato paste
  • 2 tsp Salt
  • 1/2 tsp Pepper
  • 2 tsp Sugar
  • 2- 8 oz pkg's Cream Cheese
  • 4 oz Sour cream
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 8 oz Egg Noodles
Preparation

  • Brown the hamburger and the onion. 
  • Drain Well. 
  • Combine the tomato paste, tomoato sauce, pepper, salt, sugar, cream cheese and sour cream in large mixing bowl. 
  • Pour the mixture into the skillet with the browned hamburger and onion. Stir well. 
  • Let simmer for about 20 minutes. 
  • Heat oven to 350 degrees. 
  • Cook egg noodles per package instructions. 
  • Once sauce is done simmering, put back into large bowl and add egg noodles. 
  • Mix all the ingrediants except the cheese. 
  • Pour mixture into baking dish, a 9X13 is perfect. 
  • Then add all of the cheese on top of the noodle and sauce mixture. 
  • Cover with foil or lid and put in oven for 45 minutes.
  • Take out of the oven and eat for days!!!

Review & Changes- I was surprised at how well I liked the ground turkey in this.  This time it was fresh turkey, instead of frozen, so maybe that made a difference?  I don't know.  After successful recipes like this I'll definitely try ground turkey in other recipes.

Otherwise, it just seemed like this recipe needed something more. Not sure if adding a vegetable to the mix would work or what.  Maybe a pepper?


No comments:

Post a Comment