Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Homemade Onion & Herb Dip


I was very excited to make this chip dip.  I love chip dip, and being able to make it myself would be spectacular.  Unfortunately, this dip turned into a big fat FAIL!  I'm not sure if the cause was the Miracle Whip I used instead of Mayo, or if there was something else wrong.  But it just didn't have good flavor.  I even tried fixing it, and nothing improved it.  

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 cups diced onions
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 cups sour cream
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise (used Miracle Whip)
  • 2 tablespoons finely minced parsley  (used 2 tsp dried)
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper (used black)
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Preparation
  • In a saute pan over medium heat add oil, heat and add onions and salt. 
  • Cook the onions until they are caramelized, about 20 minutes. 
  • Remove from heat and set aside to cool. 
  • Mix the rest of the ingredients, and then add the cooled onions. 
  • Refrigerate and stir again before serving.
Next Time- Not sure how to make this taste good.  I think I'd rather just start from scratch with a whole new recipe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment