Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Source- Kraft Foods

This recipe rocked!!  My sister-in-law, Jen, had only tried this and was already threatening to take me home to Chicago so I could cook for her!  

I've changed the preparation instructions because the Kraft site had you making it in the microwave, which I absolutely hate to do, and they had you spreading the cream cheese on the bottom first.  So, if you want the original directions, click the Kraft link.  Also, the addition of the sour cream made the dip less dry, and definitely was needed.


Ingredients
  • 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened 
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 pkg.  (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
  • 1 jar (7.5 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
  • 1/2 cup  Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (plus more for topping)
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup  Grated Parmesan Cheese
Preparation  
  • Mix everything in a bowl. 
  • Spread into a oven safe baking dish.
  • Sprinkle extra mozzarella on top.
  • Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted and dip is heated through.  Mine took about 10-15 minutes.

Next Time- I like the changes I made in the preparation.  I think it was much nicer to have everything mixed together, and I liked the extra mozzarella melted on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment