Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Baked Potato Soup

Source- Meijer Mealbox

I don't often make soup, so when I came across this recipe I decided to give it a try.  Am I ever glad I did, this is amazing.

Ingredients

  • 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 4  green onions, chopped, divided
  • 4 cups milk
  • 2 cups peeled, diced baking potato
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
  • 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
Preparation

  • Melt butter in Dutch oven over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth.
  • Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute until thickened and bubbly. Gradually stir in milk. 
  • Stir in potato, half of green onions, salt and pepper. 
  • Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 30 minutes or until thickened and potato is done.
  • Stir in 1 cup cheese; cook 5 minutes more. 
  • Serve with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon sprinkled on top of soup.
Next Time-  I wouldn't change anything.  Or perhaps just doubling the recipe so that we have more for leftovers.  This is really good, and goes quick!


No comments:

Post a Comment