Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

Oreo Truffles

Source- Central Cooking, but you can find the recipe everywhere you turn!

I was surprised at myself to find that I didn't blog about these last year when I made them for my family Christmas.  They were such a huge hit.  My mom is a huge baker, and makes enough treats that no one else needs to bring any desserts.  But after how popular they were last year I knew I needed to make them again.  Of course they were huge again.  

Funny Story- I made these at my house so I didn't have to worry about finding the time when we reached my sister's house.  We get 20 minutes on the road and I realized I had left them in the fridge.  So we had to buy the stuff to make them all over again.  Of course once we got home we had a whole tub of truffles to ourselves.  Not a good thing when they are as good as these are.   Also, after my uncle tasted them for the first time he offered to pay the postage to ship him the tub we had left at home.  

Ingredients
  • 1 pkg Oreos
  • 1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
  • 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use any kind of chocolate you'd like
  • Sprinkles for topping
Preparation
  • Crush all the Oreos.  I use my food processor, but you could do it by hand.
  • Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper
  • Mix Oreos with cream cheese until well blended.  I use my stand mixer to make sure it is well mixed.
  • Form into small balls and place on cookie sheet.
  • Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
  • Melt chocolate.  I use a double boiler, but you could use the microwave.
  • Dip truffles into melted chocolate and cover completely.  Place back on cookie sheet.
  • Sprinkle with sprinkles while still wet.  
  • Put back in fridge for a couple hours, or until firm.  
  • Eat!!
Some Notes
-You can set aside some crushed Oreos before mixing with the cream cheese to use as the topping for the truffles.  
-Two forks work best for working to cover the truffles with the melted chocolate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment