Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Mexican Layer Dip


I wanted something to have for our company we had after Christmas.  I made this dip for them.  I added a step of heating in the oven.  

Ingredients
  • 1 can of refried beans
  • 1 jar of chunky salsa
  • 2 packs of cream cheese
  • 1 tub of sour cream
  • 1 package of taco seasoning
  • 1 block of sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1 block of monterey jack
  • tortilla chips for dipping
Preparation
  • Spread the refried beans along the bottom of a pan. I use 9x13, but you can use whatever you've got on hand. Spread to the thickness you desire. If you don't like beans, you can always skip them too.
  • Pour salsa over the beans and spread evenly.
  • In separate bowl, mix together the sour cream and cream cheese and taco seasoning. You can add vary the sour cream and cream cheese to get the thickness you desire, and also vary how much taco seasoning you use to vary the spiciness.
  • Spread the mixture on top of the salsa.
  • Shred the cheeses and put on top.
  • Place in 300 degree oven until cheese is melted and bubbly. 
Next Time- I don't think I'll be making this again.  Didn't turn out like I expected and I've had better dips. 


No comments:

Post a Comment