Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Spinach Dip Chicken


Stephanie has put out some awesome recipes.  I love when something pops up in my Google Reader from her.  This recipe didn't disappoint.  

Ingredients
  • 2 thin chicken breasts
  • 1/3 cup panko (or bread crumbs)
  • 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 egg
  • Cooking spray
  • 1/2 cup spinach dip (or any variety you have)
Preparation
  • Heat the oven to 350.
  • In a bowl, beat the egg.
  • On a separate plate combine the panko (or bread crumbs) and garlic powder.
  • Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the breading.
  • Place in a dish that's been sprayed with cooking spray. 
  • Lightly cover coated chicken with cooking spray.
  • Bake for 10 minutes.
  • Remove from the oven, top with the spinach dip. 
  • Return to the oven- bake until chicken is cooked through and the dip is hot. 
Next Time- While this recipe turned out really good, and had good flavor, next time I think I'd like to try it with the Spinach Dip I made at Thanksgiving.  I used store bought this time, but home made would be better.  Or else I would add some mozzarella on top of the spinach and melt that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment