Search This Blog

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Chicken Parm Balls


Source: Lauren's Kitchen and Dish it up

I saw this in my Google reader awhile ago. I didn't completely follow Lauren's way, which is why I linked to the blog where she got the recipe.

I've discovered that I hate working with pizza dough. I've used it a few times to make the Stromboli recipe I posted in the past, and this recipe didn't change my opinion. I've been using the Pillsbury refrigerated cans. Perhaps frozen, or fresh would be better? Anyone have any thoughts?

Ingredients
  • 1 ball of fresh pizza dough
  • 1-2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1-2 cups of diced chicken
  • 2 tsp Italian seasoning (combine oregano, basil, parsley, and garlic)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
  • pizza or marinara sauce
Preparation
  • Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease pie pan.
  • Grab a walnut-sized piece of dough and flatten.
  • In each dough piece place a couple pieces of chopped chicken and a tablespoon of cheese.
  • Seal dough around meat and cheese and place seam side down in pie pan.
  • Repeat, placing approximately 16 dough balls in each pie plate.
  • Once assembled, drizzle oil over the balls and sprinkle with the herbs and Parmesan cheese.
  • Bake at 400°F for 16-20 min.
  • Serve with warm pizza or marinara sauce.
Next Time- While these turned out good, I wasn't overly impressed. I think it would be better the original way with pepperoni, instead of chicken. Or maybe a combination, to give them a little more flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment