Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Goulash


Source: My Family

I don't know how other people make goulash, but this is the way my family has always made it. I never questioned my family's definition till I started cooking on my own. We'll just go with what I know.

Ingredients
  • 16oz box of elbow macaroni
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 8oz can tomato paste
  • salt & pepper to taste, we use a lot of pepper in this
  • 8 oz shredded cheese, usually use cheddar
Preparation
  • Prepare pasta as directed on box, drain and leave in colander.
  • In same pot brown ground beef with onions and garlic.
  • Drain beef if necessary.
  • Add tomato paste, and 1 can of water. You can add more if necessary.
  • Add pasta to pot.
  • Add salt and pepper.
  • Cover mixture with shredded cheese, and cover until melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment