Search This Blog

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Crockpot Chicken Salsa Tacos


Source: Bella's Bistro

Another lovely recipe from my fellow May '08 Nestie, Bella. So far I've really liked the recipes of her's that I've made. This one doesn't fail. I've recently discovered that I really like chicken tacos, and this recipe only made that love grow!!

We also usually have pinto instead of black beans in our Mexican dishes, so I decided to change it up and go with the black beans in the recipe.

Ingredients
  • 1lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (used breasts)
  • 1C. Salsa
  • 1C. Frozen corn
  • 1 15oz. Can Black Beans, rinsed
  • 8 Tortilla Shells (hard or soft)
  • Your favorite taco toppings – cheese, sour cream, lettuce
Preparation
  • Add frozen chicken, salsa, beans and corn to crock pot.
  • Cover and let cook 6-8 hours on low.
  • Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
  • Ladle out some of the liquid from the crock pot and discard.
  • Return chicken to the crockpot and keep warm while preparing tortilla shells and toppings.
  • Assemble and devour!
Next Time- These had wonderful flavor. Nothing needs to be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment