Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

Source- adapted from My Grandma

I changed things up a bit with this recipe.  The original is regular ole Banana Nut Bread.  I decided to change things up a bit by adding some chocolate chips because I was craving something chocolate, and lo-and-behold I was out of walnuts. 

I always use bananas that I've frozen and then thawed out.  If you have a banana going brown throw it in your freezer instead of throwing it out.  Then whenever the mood strikes you for something with mashed bananas, you just have to pull out 1 or 2 of these guys and let them thaw.  

If you want to sub the walnuts for the chocolate chips, make sure they are chopped well and you only need 1/2 cup.  

Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 cup mashed banana, I use 2 full bananas
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Preparation
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Mix dry ingredients- flour, sugar, soda,  and powder
  • Add wet ingredients- banana, butter and eggs
  • Beat until well blended
  • Mix in chocolate chips
  • Spray bread pan with cooking spray
  • Pour mixture into pan
  • Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees (My oven cooks faster so mine only needed about 50 minutes)

Next Time- I really liked the addition of the chocolate chips, as did my H.  I'll certainly be willing to make it this way again.  I also want to try it this way with the addition of the walnuts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment