I changed things up a bit with this recipe. The original is regular ole Banana Nut Bread. I decided to change things up a bit by adding some chocolate chips because I was craving something chocolate, and lo-and-behold I was out of walnuts.
I always use bananas that I've frozen and then thawed out. If you have a banana going brown throw it in your freezer instead of throwing it out. Then whenever the mood strikes you for something with mashed bananas, you just have to pull out 1 or 2 of these guys and let them thaw.
If you want to sub the walnuts for the chocolate chips, make sure they are chopped well and you only need 1/2 cup.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup mashed banana, I use 2 full bananas
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients- flour, sugar, soda, and powder
- Add wet ingredients- banana, butter and eggs
- Beat until well blended
- Mix in chocolate chips
- Spray bread pan with cooking spray
- Pour mixture into pan
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees (My oven cooks faster so mine only needed about 50 minutes)
Next Time- I really liked the addition of the chocolate chips, as did my H. I'll certainly be willing to make it this way again. I also want to try it this way with the addition of the walnuts.