I have come to love Mary Ellen's recipes. I have never been steered wrong when I try something she has posted. I knew I wanted to make the Chinese BBQ Pork Chops that I got from her website, and I went in search of a side dish to serve with them. Lucky me my search found the side dish on her blog!
- 1 c dry orzo pasta
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Heat olive oil in a small pot
- Add onion, saute 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add orzo, toss to coat/toast for 1 minute
- Mix the broth with the soy sauce, sesame oil, and brown sugar. Add the broth mixture to the pot, stir, bring to a simmer then lower heat and cover.
- Cook on low heat, covered, for about 15 minutes or until done. The broth should just be absorbed as the pasta finishes cooking.
- Stir to fluff and serve.
Next Time- This was easy to make, and had good flavor. But it was just missing something. I'm not a chef, so I don't know what it was missing. I just know it needed something more. Someone have an idea?