Found this recipe in the Kraft Magazine. I'm slowly working my way through recipes I've ripped out of magazines. I like when they turn out as well as this one did.
- 3/4 lb. extra-lean ground beef (used 1 1/4lbs)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1-1/4 cups Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen corn
- 3 high-fiber whole wheat tortillas (8 inch)
- 1/2 cup Light Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- BROWN meat with onions and peppers in large skillet on medium-high heat. Stir in chili powder; cook 1 min. Add salsa and corn; mix well. Simmer 5 min.
- SPREAD 1 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 8- or 9-inch square baking dish; top with layers of 1 tortilla, 1/2 cup meat sauce, sour cream and 1/4 cup cheese. Cover with 1 tortilla, 1 cup of remaining meat sauce and 1/4 cup of remaining cheese; top with remaining tortilla and meat sauce. Cover with foil.
- BAKE 25 min. or until casserole is heated through. Top with remaining cheese; bake, uncovered, 5 min. or melted.
Next Time- This was pretty easy to put together. And leftovers were great. Nothing needs to be changed.