Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Chicken Ranch Tacos

Source-Betty Crocker

H and I are big taco fans.  I make them usually about 1 a month, which is often when you're making as many new recipes as I am.  When I saw this come up while searching Betty Crocker I wanted to try it as something a little different for our taco "fix."

Preparation Note- I hate doing anything in the microwave.  I cooked the chicken on the stove
and added the ingredients to the pan.

Ingredients

  • 1 box (4.7 oz) taco shells (10 shells) (used regular soft shells)
  • 3 cups cut-up deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-lb chicken) (used 3 chicken breasts and cooked myself)
  • 1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
  • 1/2 cup ranch dressing
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
  • 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
  • 1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium), if desired
  • Thick 'n Chunky salsa, if desired
  • Additional ranch dressing, if desired
Preparation
  • Heat oven to 325°F. Heat taco shells in oven as directed on box.
  • Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, place chicken. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix; toss gently to coat. Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes or until hot. Stir in 1/2 cup dressing.
  • Spoon warm chicken mixture into heated taco shells. 
  • Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and onions. 
  • Drizzle with salsa and additional dressing.

Next Time-These were a great change, but still filled that taco craving.  Nothing needs to be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment