H and I are big taco fans. I make them usually about 1 a month, which is often when you're making as many new recipes as I am. When I saw this come up while searching Betty Crocker I wanted to try it as something a little different for our taco "fix."
Preparation Note- I hate doing anything in the microwave. I cooked the chicken on the stove
and added the ingredients to the pan.
- 1 box (4.7 oz) taco shells (10 shells) (used regular soft shells)
- 3 cups cut-up deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-lb chicken) (used 3 chicken breasts and cooked myself)
- 1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium), if desired
- Thick 'n Chunky salsa, if desired
- Additional ranch dressing, if desired
- Heat oven to 325°F. Heat taco shells in oven as directed on box.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, place chicken. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix; toss gently to coat. Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes or until hot. Stir in 1/2 cup dressing.
- Spoon warm chicken mixture into heated taco shells.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and onions.
- Drizzle with salsa and additional dressing.
Next Time-These were a great change, but still filled that taco craving. Nothing needs to be changed.