Source- Meijer Meal Planner
I'm not really sure how I'm going to source these recipes. Meijer.com is the website for the grocery store that H and I shop at. They have a meal planning tool where you can look through their recipes, add them to a list, and then add all the grocery items to a shopping list which you can then print. Very convenient and they even offer coupons for some items.
This was the first recipe H and I tried from the meal planner.
The pizza crust I bought came with 2, so I actually doubled everything and made 2 pizzas for us. Leftovers are fantastic.
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 pre-cooked 12-inch pizza crust or focaccia
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet, brush lightly with small amount of olive oil.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, leaving oven on.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1/2-inch wide strips; sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper to taste.
- In medium skillet heat remaining oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Spread barbecue sauce on heated crust.
- Top with onions, red peppers, chicken, and cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Next Time- H and I both loved this pizza. He actually raved about it for a few days after. The flavor is awesome. H will definitely be asking me to make this again. I think I'd be willing to add more red onion then I did. I was worried about it being overpowering, but I think baking them took away their power.