Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Source- Meijer Meal Planner

I'm not really sure how I'm going to source these recipes.  Meijer.com is the website for the grocery store that H and I shop at.  They have a meal planning tool where you can look through their recipes, add them to a list, and then add all the grocery items to a shopping list which you can then print.  Very convenient and they even offer coupons for some items.  
This was the first recipe H and I tried from the meal planner. 

The pizza crust I bought came with 2, so I actually doubled everything and made 2 pizzas for us.  Leftovers are fantastic.

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
  • 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
  • 1 pre-cooked 12-inch pizza crust or focaccia
  • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
Preparation
  • Preheat oven to 400°F.
  • Place pizza crust on baking sheet, brush lightly with small amount of olive oil.
  • Bake 5 minutes.
  • Remove from oven, leaving oven on.
  • Cut chicken breasts into 1/2-inch wide strips; sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper to taste.
  • In medium skillet heat remaining oil over medium-high heat.
  • Add chicken; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
  • Spread barbecue sauce on heated crust.
  • Top with onions, red peppers, chicken, and cheese.
  • Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted and lightly browned.

Next Time-  H and I both loved this pizza.  He actually raved about it for a few days after.  The flavor is awesome.  H will definitely be asking me to make this again.  I think I'd be willing to add more red onion then I did.  I was worried about it being overpowering, but I think baking them took away their power. 


No comments:

Post a Comment