Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crockpot Meatball & Veggie Stew

Source- Lauren's Kitchen

I love easy recipes.  While I love cooking sometimes I prefer something that pretty much cooks itself with little work from me.  This is one of those recipes.  No cutting or prepping on my part.  Just dump everything together and turn on the slow cooker. 

Ingredients
  • 1 16- to 18-ounce package frozen cooked meatballs
  • 1/2 of a 16-ounce package (about 2 cups) loose-pack frozen broccoli, corn, and red sweet peppers, or other mixed vegetables  (used full 16oz bag)
  • 1 14-1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic, or stewed tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 12-ounce jar mushroom gravy
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
  • Egg noodles, for serving

Preparation
Place meatballs and frozen vegetables in a 4 quart slow cooker
In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, gravy, water, and basil; pour over meatballs and vegetables.
Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.   
Serve over egg noodles or plain.

    Review & Changes- This recipe was OK.  I'm just not a big fan of meatballs, but I make recipes that include them because my husband does love them.  The flavor was pretty good, and I really liked serving it over the egg noodles. 

    I don't really know of any changes that you could make with this.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment