Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sweet & Spicy Chicken Stir Fry

Source- Stephanie Cooks

I've made a few different stir-frys, and I love trying new ones.  This recipe seemed so much easier than our standby that I knew I had to try it.  Even if I was a bit skeptical about only using 2 ingredients to make the sauce. 

I guess I was in such a hurry to eat this that I forgot to take a picture.  Trust me, it looks like every other stir fry out there.  ;)

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 Tbsp. oil
  • 3 cups chopped mixed fresh vegetables (used 1lb frozen stir fry vegetables)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup Catalina Dressing (I used light)
  • 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
  • 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
Preparation
  • Cook and stir chicken in hot oil in large skillet on high heat 3 min.
  • Add vegetables and garlic; cook and stir 5 to 6 min. or until chicken is lightly browned.  (Mine needed to cook a bit longer since I used frozen vegetables.)
  • Stir in remaining ingredients; cook an additional 2 min. or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
  • Serve over rice

Review and Changes-  Holy awesome batman!!  What an easy stir-fry!!  I was skeptical about using the Catalina dressing for an Asian stir-fry, but it is exactly right.  Will definitely make this again.  You could easily use pork or beef, and change up the vegetable.  Seriously, if you have an Asian craving this easily fills that craving!!



No comments:

Post a Comment