Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Crunchy Onion Potato Bake

Source- Betty Crocker

When making my weekly menu I decided to look into some of the side dish recipes I've bookmarked and make one of them.  Most of the recipes I post are a complete meal, or the main course, so I thought I'd change things up. 

I baked chicken in the oven with barbecue sauce to serve with these potatoes. 

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 box (7.2 oz) Betty Crocker® homestyle creamy butter or roasted garlic mashed potatoes
  • 1 can (15.25 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)  (I used more)
  • 1 can (2.8 oz) French-fried onions
Preparation

  • Heat oven to 350°F.
  • Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
  • In 3-quart saucepan, heat milk, water and margarine to boiling.
  • Stir in contents of both pouches of potatoes (from potatoes box) just until moistened; let stand 1 minute.
  • Stir with fork until smooth.
  • Stir in corn.
  • Spoon half of potato mixture into dish.
  • Sprinkle with 1/2 each of the cheese and onions.
  • Top with remaining potatoes; sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions.
  • Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and onions are golden.
Review and Changes-These potatoes were fabulous, and so easy to make.  I was sad when the leftovers were gone.   Definitely make these!!


No comments:

Post a Comment